Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's Been Way Too Long ....


I realize it has been way too long since my last post, and I promise to no longer neglect the blogging world as much as I have in the past month -- so here it is people, what you all have been waiting for, more DUKE DIARIES!


Oh, but where to begin ......Duke and I have been spending a lot of time out by the pool, so I am trying to get him used to the water. He currently jumps down onto the first step into the pool to cool off a bit, but he can't quite figure out how to get down to the second step without drowning and it is absolutely driving him crazy. When I lay on a raft and float up to the pool's edge, he loves jumping onboard and floating around with me. I, on the other hand, am not a big fan of this.


As a couple of us found out a few months ago; my dog is a booze hound. I am beginning to think that his little 'problem' is only getting worse. I really frown upon giving dogs alcohol, but every time someone puts a drink down on the ground, preferably an alcoholic beverage, Duke goes right for it. If a beer is spilled, he is the first one on the scene for clean up duty. He will actually stick his entired head into a cup just to finished off the last couple sips. One night we stayed downtown at a friend's apartment and Duke got a hold of a solo cup. It was quite the sight when his entire head was submerged in the cup and he was walking around without a clue as to where he was.

I would have to say the greatest thing about my little guy is that he is becoming housebroken. Except for the occasional pee when someone picks him up, I can't remember the last time Duke has had an accident in the house. (And when I say 'pee when someone picks him up', I don't really know if this is an accidental occurrence - he had to go and by picking him up you pushed a 'button' - or something he does on purpose to be a jerk ...). Not only is potty training going rather well, the Monster himself is beginning to learn the ways of the pug. A couple of months ago I figured my days of sleeping in were over, but now, some mornings I have to drag the little fella out of his crate. Unfortunately, along with all this sleeping comes the pug trademark ...snoring.

So now, Duke has finally worn himself out and is snuggling (and snoring) ever so peacefully up next to me. These past 6 months have flown by and it's amazing how he suddenly has the ability to do things that he couldn't accomplish the day before. As for me, I promise to provide updates more frequently! Not only for Duke's die hard fans, but also for myself, so one day I can look back and track my pups progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment